Sunday, March 12, 2017

I was one of the few that made it.

My story of human trafficking is one of escape, but I believed I escaped because I was an outsider always flirting with the flame, but never getting too close.  I had dreams, dreams of becoming a psychologist that I held tight to.  I worked one or two days a week, then went to school.  I was miserable but I had a dream to hold on to.  My therapist recently said that they had never met an x-club dancer that wasn't a addict.  Well, I was there for a while drinking to stay stuck but I moved beyond with therapy and eventually an antidepressant.  What I'm trying to say is that not everyone is so lucky.  They break you down bit by bit slowly till they have you as property.  I can remember this clearly as new management came into the Gold Club.  First it was "you need to lose weight".  Then it was referring to us as "f-ing whores".  Then its "dance on stage or this billionaire that is having a party and see if he likes you".  Then its "get in our limousine".  Something clicked I refused and I was fired.  This is a story I forget frequently, due to the trauma of the build up.  I went to the state of Georgia Dept of Labor and they took their side.  How long till we realize the gravity of these clubs?  How long till we recognize the women being slowly brain washed into submission?  Well, I'm not suing anyone, I just want to say it because really no one is.  I just had to say it.  This is not my story of where or who is responsible for my human trafficking experience.  There is more to say, but this is as much as I can.


1 comment: