Sunday, July 24, 2016

It was ridiculously expensive, but I'm glad I took care of me.

Leaving Nebraska was a painful decision that took months.  I could feel things changing with the new administration, because they moved my job to the hospitals, told me I would be working with sex offenders, told me I would have to reapply for my job as they reclassified it, and I was informed that I would be moved to an office that was housed above sex offenders.  All this was too much and asking me, as a trauma survivor, to serve sex offenders was not working at all.  I became very ill and went on medical leave.  

Georgia, my family, and my friends in Georgia were in my heart and I decided to be closer to their love while I was on medical leave.  I healed and I decided enough was enough.  I decided to stay in Georgia and it was a great decision, because I landed in a fabulous place of employment after months of waiting.  I'm so happy today and I am glad I made this decision.  It was an expensive decision, but I am so proud of me for taking care of me.  I knew my value in the larger market of employment, it is a niche market, but I truly love the work of assisting the people with behavioral health conditions to live lives of resilience and recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment