Saturday, October 22, 2016

Points Made the Difference!

Our family has experienced a great deal of unrest this Halloween season, but it all has turned around with a point system.   We never really instituted a earning system for our son.   His goals came in the picture when we had money and focus, but we never were very planful.  The doctor said what's happening is genetic and we were giving him the caring environment he needed.   I think caring is important, but tapping to into a child's goals and dreams with parental expectations can really change an emotional overload for a child.  So he has a chore list of expectations and a reward for meeting most of them on a daily basis.  It's been like a light switch miracle to some real challenges.  So simple and so easy.  I remember what a hard time I had when people weren't cueing into my goals and dreams, so I feel stronger as a caring parent with this system.


No comments:

Post a Comment