Sunday, April 9, 2017

Recovered Memory is at the Heart of Debate

I feel great energy around my hands I told him.  I haven't been able to draw hands since I was a child.  You could if you practiced he said.  I said when I was in my twenties, I wrote a letter to myself.  My therapist had me draft it with my left hand.  I said in that letter that my mother sexually abused me.  Did she?  I don't really think so.  I mean the topic was never explored with my therapist, I didn't tell her.  I definitely have memory of being sexually abused by my grandfather, but not my mother.  My mother was hostile and intrusive.  She was controlling and bitter, but I don't remember feeling that "ick" about her.  My current therapist told me a story of an induced memory and we closed the topic that this was the heart of great debate.  So, I'm trusting that gut feeling on this one.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment